Sunday 8 June 2014

HGUC RX-0 Unicorn Destroy Mode Painted Build WIP 1

I bought myself an airbrush and compressor set yesterday, although I really wanted to get it last week. Truthfully, I had absolutely no time to buy it until yesterday, with school in "full swing" and tuitions at illogical hours of the night.

The hobbymate compressor ( I have no idea how it works, and all I know is that you switch it on, set a pressure and spray away )
The airbrush, a dual action airbrush, is pretty neat. I hate having to clean it while swapping colors though, and since I forgot to buy a cleaning pot, its kinda hazardous to clean it too often (I dont have a mask, or a place with ventilation to airbrush, for that matter)


 The paints I bought, Lacquer (I heard this stuffs toxic) Gaianotes Pure white, Pure black, Gray 1 and Gray 4, with sunshine yellow for the v-fins. I'll extend my arsenal of paints when I feel rich again (This burnt a 400 dollar hole in my wallet)


Last but not least, the Unicorn.
As soon as I got home I started on the repainting of the HGUC Unicorn.

It was my first kit I worked on last year, secretly kept away from this blog because I was still learning how to use the nippers.

So, I made it a point to paint it as best I can~ 
even as a rookie airbrush painter.

I forgot to preshande the torso, oh well. Guess its another monotonous standard paint job..

Did I mention the decals? They don't come with guides (And they're impossible to find on the internet) So I had to work with my gut and a lil searching on some shitty images on Google. And thats what I made out, for now.

I have a week of "programmes" ahead of me next week, so I'll have to leave the unicorn like that for the time being.

So long 👋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Gunpla- Population: Me