Thursday 3 July 2014

Posing tips: Nu Gundam

I've been thinking about dioramas and posing for the past few months, and I'd like to share some of my thoughts and ideas on posing my FIRST Master Grade : The Nu Gundam

Fun fact: I called it the v- gundam when I told the cashier I wanted it
(he gave me this look ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

First, we have to consider the Nu's form and physique. From what I see, it looks rather blocky around the chest area and has a rather small upper body. To enhance and emphasize its sleekness, you would want to pose it in such a way where it stands with its shoulders facing the attention instead of his chest.


Like so, as an added bonus, posing with the legs at an angle really shows of the details which are greatly enhanced by the psyho-frame.

Also, I personally feel that there is no pose that suits every part of your display shelf. You want to display your gunpla, in this case my Nu, in such a way that it would look natural, from the persons point of view.


"Die for me Jegans"

A pose like this may be appealing from a leveled viewing position, but if you would look at it from above, it no longer looks as sleek as it should. 

In my honest opinion, the Nu, which seems to lack detail from the top, is a Model best suited to be displayed on the top shelf. This would also help to emphasize the intricate details found on its legs, because that's the closest to the eye level on the top shelf.

The 'face' of the gundam also plays a role in your decision to pose the Gundam. You'd want to consider the size and the length of it's face.

The Nu has a rather long face to me



So staring down would make it luke more agressive and sleek. (Pun intended)

Comment here with how you pose your Gunpla, or if you learnt a thing or two on posing yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Gunpla- Population: Me