Saturday 7 December 2013

RG Strike Freedom : Out of box build 1







I gotta say, its one heck of a well engineered piece of... plastic. 
Wow. Every part of this gunpla is well designed! Except maybe its random undergating (and the frequent lack of it where its needed most) 

I love the strike freedom. Ever since I watched MSG:Seed and GSD on the local children channel, I fell in love with gundam. And forgive me for saying this, it was the first gundam series I watched. Out of 2. The other would be 00. 
 
Fuck me, right?

But I'm not biased towards the seedfags and the 00 fans. I like gundam for what they are . Our imagination. 
I also happen to love robots.
To call gundam a robot. Is that an insult?

Anyway, more about strike freedom, I would say that in my childhood, I always craved for the main characters MS. Kira ,Shinn and Ahtrun. Their MSs spoke to me in a familiar language. 

The pink of the Justice. The wings of the destiny. And the Kira of Kira.

Just about all the stores I knew about at that time (OG and many departmental stores) were always sold out of kira MS and merchandise. And I was never able to get that illusive No grade 1/144 Strike. Let alone a freedom or SF.

And for the longest period of time, I lost interest in hobbies. I would say, there was a 5 year gap between Wing and the last kit I built. A NG 1/100 kit. And I lost all my old gunpla so I was pretty much back at square one.

I used to leave untrimmed nubs all over the place on my gunpla because I felt that curting them off would only result in ugly scars (I still have that problem) on the various parts of the kits. Also I had never touched a spray can (unless you count the time I spray painted my friends classroom floor a nice blue)  

Why the 5 year break? As the years passed, I found it increasingly difficult to fimd gunpla "societies" to purchase kits. And so, I put it down. Until recently, I saw the remastered GSD on gundaminfo (youtube). This rekindled the passion within me and with the help of my new smartphone and google, I managed to find Hobby arts gallery. An awesome shop dedicated to Gunpla.


Back to RG SF!

I cant stand the nub marks ._. They're so annoying. And UGLY!

So I decided. How about a titanium finish?
I'll be buying some clear yellow, clear red and clear blue, along with chrome. For shiny red, blue and gold parts.

This time, I'll be using Tamiya sprays instead of cheapo DPI.


My job is terrible btw! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Gunpla- Population: Me