Thursday 14 November 2013

HGAC Wing 1/144 WIP-1

It was all perfect. As i readied my arsenal of paints
And set up my paint booth
My first HG custom kit! 

My intentions were to paint it similar to the Wing Gundam in Build Fighters that Sei had watched in the Gunpla Battle WC Ad.

The Trays

《The Foil Sticker Sheet》

I went ahead and primed the red and yellow parts~ Priming was fantastic, no issues whatsoever, it was smooth and there were only a few hiccups along the way. 
Then it hit me~ I forgot to widen the joints for easy "snap fitting"  AHH ><

Horrible mistake! 

Mistake number 2? I forgot the tuitorial I watched on 'seam line removal' Where one would have to cement the parts together BEFORE SANDING AND PRIMING THE PART. 
Hai. Bullocks.
As I waited for the paint to dry, I had a quickie match of Ghosts (still no xbox live D:) but the bots now AT LEAST pose a DECENT challenge- I mean they actually dont aimbot the fuck out- plus they have actuall tactics.

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally got to paint.
And it was beautiful :'D truly magnificent- bravo, props, hooray, joy! 
Smooth as silk. 
Except for one little bastarrrrd~
Apparently you HAVE to prime red with gray/black ): 
Now im stuck with PINK instead of white.
Although I love pink, I dont think Wing would.


Little did I know...

Time for topcoat! I gleefully grabbed my can of topcoat neglecting its 2 hour setting time. 
It looked delectable! The matte finish- awesome!

Then the hyper excited first time painter immediately rushed into the construction.

Mistake 3!
The topcoat didnt set, and the paint clogged up the joint connectors making it virtually impossible to get the parts joint. He yanked hard.

Mistake 4. The unset topcoat scratched, along with paint.
His heart broke. 
Sad story. I know.
So now, I have not choice BUT to do some 'battle damage'. I'll figure it out. Just not now. Too frustrated. Bah.

Lessons learnt today:
Painting is not as easy as it looks ):
Topcoat takes a long time to set ):
Prime red parts more carefully D:<
I am impatient ):
I am getting absent minded ): 
All the ): 

To buy list: 
Plastic cement
Tweezers
Black primer
A lamp
Supah Glueeeee!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Gunpla- Population: Me